MEACO 12L low energy dehumidifier
Meaco 12L Low Energy Dehumidifier/Air Purifier
Including delivery to Mainland UK - Islands and Eire please contact Dryhomes.
A Which? 'Best Buy' winner over many years
- The cheaper way to combat mould, condensation and damp in flats through to 3 bedroom houses
- Just 165 watts rated power consumption - 2.53p/hour based on 15.32p/kWh
- 2 in 1 dehumidifier with unique air purification mode for spring/summer use
- Cleans the air with a HEPA filter to remove allergens from the air (one free filter in the box)
- Helps those suffering from poor air condition with breathing problems
- Child lock facility - smooth surfaces for safety
- Digital humidity controls - display shows the current room reading
- Laundry drying - louvre directs the dry air through a wide angle
- This Compressor type dehumidifier works down to 10C - most only work well at 20C
- Auto stop when full to avoid spillages.
- Two year warranty as standard, optional 5 year warranty - on application
- Delivered price for mainland UK
The most common question that we get asked is "how much does it cost to run a dehumidifier, are they expensive?".
The Meaco 12L Low Energy Dehumidifier uses just 165 watts of electricity, have a look around at other 12 litre or indeed 10 litre dehumidifiers on the market and you will see that they are older in design and use a lot more electricity. All of this will add up over time and with the Meaco 12L Low Energy Dehumidifier you don't just get a dehumidifier with low running costs you also get a very good dehumidifier with exceptional build quality.
The HEPA filter has proved to be a very popular extra with most people buying the HEPA filters when they buy the dehumidifier. The filters are what are called True HEPA filters which means that they conform to international standards and capture 99.97% of particles that have a size of 0.3µm or larger. This makes a huge difference to those that suffer from allergies and asthma attacks and also will prolong the life of your dehumidifier.
The unique Meaco control logic means that you get the best balance between saving money and accurate
de-humidification. When the target relative humidity has been reached the dehumidifier will switch to fan only mode to check that the relative humidity is stable. It will then go to sleep for 30 minutes at which time it will wake up and run it's fan again to check the relative humidity once more. If the relative humidity has risen above the set point then the dehumidifier will start to operate again. This process saves a lot of electricity, especially when compared with cheaper dehumidifiers which run permanently regardless of the level of humidity in the room.
We at Dryhomes are very proud to stock the Meaco Platinum Range and we feel that as a specialist dehumidifier manufacturer this is exactly what they should be doing, pushing the boundaries of what is possible and then challenging the industry and competition - designing and supplying dehumidifiers that move the technology forward.
Q 'How much does it cost to run a dehumidifier' -
A. 'A lot less than it used to, especially if you choose 'Meaco'.
NB We advises setting the control to 55% RH as this is well below the critical 65% where moulds begin to grow.